Illustration Friday: 2 of 2: Paradise can come at anyplace or anytime..
I was so excited when I finally, started this... cause its totally a new way of doing things for me... and I believe it turned out!
First let me explain the piece... I think paradise is "where" you find it... My first paradise (for Illustration friday) was a sail boat with the toronto skyline in the background... This second... is that particular 'JOY'> one feels, on a merry- go -round. Its a paradise captured by the moment. Some folks have a better grasp on it than others. They are the ones that are caught often smiling!
Let me know what you think... check out the sailboat as well... it enlarges well for more detail.....
ah.. HOw i did it!... gouache, and ink
Final: Please click to enlarge, for a better view 
Comments encouraged.... and found encouraging. Thankyou for dropping by
15 comments:
I love both of your paradises! This one has a dreamy feeling to it...great technique!
Wow! And what a joy it was to witness the steps and work behind this marvelous piece. Makes me want to ride a merrygoround now!
Interesting process and a beautiful result! Is the ink applied to the reverse?
Thankyou Diane duda, it was fun discovering it.. (the process)
Steve your blog inspires me to give that little bit more... :)
Eoin... you need to remove the black ink...
Janice,
Both renditions of paradise are quite lovely. I especially enjoyed your process in the print piece
--it was comparable to taking a journey into paradise! Thanks for commenting on my paradise blog, as well!
Cheers,
edna
www.justsketch.com
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing the process, Janice!
Congratulations!!
Very nice test,i love it very much.
Thanks for sharing!
Wow! Love the process and the product! I want to try this!
Yes- thankful/smiling for all the "moments" of paradise.
The sailing piece is awesome too- love the colors in the sail and its reflection
i agree with you-sometimes paradise can come anytime....
i like them both and the sail boat is terrific-uhmmm i hope i would be invited to go sailing soon!
I used to love carousels!! It was such paradise compared to my inner-city life as a kid. I love this!
Wow Janice, nice one - you're a courageous artist! It takes a brave soul to cover a beautiful painting in ink. The result is even better!
I have to try this. How did you remove the ink?
Richard.
thanks Edna.. the process was included for a short time, I dont have a web page yet and this does double duty... so Im constantly shifting things about..
You are welcome Emila and Harlequinpan and Andy Doodler..It was my pleasure to share...
Isay... if I had a boat... maybe that could have been arranged.. (smiling here)... I just paint them..
Studio Lolo I felt the same... used to lose myself in a different universe.
richard... since i cant reach you.. you might consider emailing me for your answer... :)
Beautiful! This is so much fun - I love the energy and joy in this! It so TOTALLY reminds me of Leroy Neiman's work!
Such a fantastic techniche!
Your art have a strong positive energy!
Thanks for sahring and for your kind comments in my blog.
Cata.
i like em both i loved the merrygo round as a kid its like u copuld get lost for the length of the ride and feel lik eu where some where else and like ur sail boat to always want to learn how to sail would love to have a lil sail boat to sail off the coast here in NC.
Post a Comment