Friday, June 8, 2007

Illustration Friday: 1 of 2 : Suit of cards

I'm currently working on some 'other' projects, so decided that I would submit this piece in the meantime. Though there are ideas afloat! Ones, like: birthday suit, suit of armor, law suit.., um... my mind spins at the possibilities!.
Back to this one. It 'is" a sketchy idea for a playing card deck, in which the facecards express opposites within the same card... I think you can figure em out for yourself... (work in progress)

So voila.. part of one suit! Oops and i turned em around so you could see the other side! There is now a second entry for suit, submitted.

Pen and ink and photoshop...



Click on picture to get a bigger and much better view

28 comments:

Willie Baronet said...

Cool! Deal me in.

merlinprincesse said...

This HAS to be seen BIG!!! :) Wonderful set of drawings! :)

Anonymous said...

wowza, fantastic suit.

valerie walsh said...

you are so clever! i love this!

pati said...

Ohh... Janice, I think your take on the subject is extremely cool and original :D Love the characters and composition :)

isay said...

the king is my favorite- i like facial expression and the colors.

Tony LaRocca said...

I love the queen with the livestock in her mouth! Very realistic! :)

bookbabie said...

ohh very cool, not what I expected when you mentioned cards, nice job:)

Mick said...

I can't wait to see the entire deck! Good job, Jan.

janie said...

I love the queen with her cub, and the yin/yang idea is great.

Niculina Florian said...

Very beautiful artwork!

Nancy Bea Miller said...

Wow, amazing detail work!

claudine hellmuth said...

great illo! thanks for your post on my blog too!

Ces Adorio said...

Yes, and a winning suit too!

° said...

wow when i blew this up i really could enjoy it so much more great piece

steve said...

Hey, these are great Janice! MD's right too, loved looking at them larger as well.

Zara said...

Brilliant image and idea!

trudette said...

Great take to the subject,well done.

Anonymous said...

i love the queen! i like that it alternates between carrying her young and carrying prey.

brava. excellent illustration!

Twisselman said...

Wonderful. Really great at the bigger view.

Kathleen Rietz said...

These are really cool! Great idea for 'suit'.

Barbara said...

Great job!

Greg Hartman said...

Great cards Janice, and the loose feel of your other two illos are very nice too.

JC said...

This is wonderful work! The Queen is my favorite, too. Great job and clever take on the this week's theme!

AndyDoodler said...

Great illustrations and idea here! The King card is my fav

Kay Aker said...

Great idea and well done!

nicole falk said...

wow very beautiful

mike r baker said...

Fun design! I want this deck! :)