Illustration Friday: 1: Car dreams for the future!
I used to watch my son, on his trike speeding through puddles and planing around corners, knowing in 'his' minds eye he was already cruising the highways in a bigger car!
Method... collage, print, acrylic, collage, impressing... Size? 16x20
I've included the car strip as a second portion.... 
comments welcomed and appreciated!
36 comments:
Alas, oh well, inevitable!
Love your trike tike. Thanks for stopping by.
nice paintings u have here
ken :D
I can hear him go "vroom, vroom" as he rides his trike! Excellent emotion and action. I love the big boy car border you added!
I don't know really what to say on proper art like this other than I like it!
P.S thanks for the comment :D
Easy to get caught up this little guys dreams... swirling around him. Great textures.
Janice, I agree with Martin, this is proper art! Loads of movement and texture. Reminds me of being a kid, spring thaw, and that first bike/trike ride after 5 months of snow - heaven!
Ok.. to be fair.. Ive made some minor adjustments and Now... I will not touch this....(originally the sidebar was orangey red..but it took away from the tricycle... Heeding my own instincts and encouraged by studio lola... I figured out what I feel is a suitable compromise.
Elizt_yes they always do grow up
Ms.Dabble_I appreciate your thoughts as well
Ken and Martin.. what wonderful compliments , they are appreciated.
Twissleman... thankyou.. so very much
Aarph... it means a lot...and I blush... but I am so very encouraged.... THAnkyou...
Very nice, when I clicked and enlarged it I could really see it better, great technique:)
I love the texture and overlays. Very beautiful coloration. The front of the trike really pops.
Wow Janice! This is such a great and precious piece!
Im glad you mentioned that bookbabie... I posted a little sign suggesting viewers do just that...
Thankyou Imwithsully.. The car section was one of the most challenging...
Emila.. thankyou for your words... :)
You do amazing work! I really love this!
what an amazing and beautiful memory you have captured here! I love this!!!
A boy and his car, er, I mean tricycle ... it's that first taste of real freedom when, even at 3, the world is your oyster. Get pedaling! Let's GO!!!
A beautiful and beautifully executed piece.
Nice work!
Big Wheels are too much fun. Imagination is the key. Cool collage, btw!
Your style is unique!
Thank you indeed for your comment!
Cata.
He's a cool boy, David! Awesome illo, he is driving a very fast car - inside!
Very cool!!!! great technique
beautiful, love the idea and the experimental quality!!
your techniques are always interesting..! well done.
I love this car strip!
:D
Very cool work!
i love your use of light in this. beautiful work.
Fantastic stuff! Keep up the great work!
This really gets the viewer involved with the actual feelings! Bravo!
truly fabulous, the energy bounces out at you. love it
Beautiful work! I'm glad you added a closeup of the cars detail, very very nice and full of movement and energy!!
Also thank you for leaving a comment on my blog.
Wow--big ups for originality, experimentation, and skills!! Touching work.
This reminds me so much of my kids and their sheer exuberance! Wondrous!
Lovely! great texture and technic.
great technique and wish they had big wheels when i was a kid " pouts" looks lik ehes having a blast on his
Your work is exciting, and a pleasure to view.
The action is palpable and the tike splashing through the water is so realistic and full of joy. I like the strip of cars as well. Beautiful job!
Excellent detail - love how you captured the splashing water.
I love this--I absolutely love it.
Post a Comment