Illustration Friday: 1 of 2 : Sign: The letter of the Law
I did two distinctly different pieces for this weeks Illustration Friday. This is the first.
I ran across an article where there was a dog, who..while on a leash, held his own leash in his mouth, while walking by his owners side...The law in that state was to "have a dog leashed". He was following the letter of the law... I thought I would have some fun with the Illustration Friday word "Sign".... What if the sign says no people walking! ... could not the dogs.. walk themselves.... ? What do you think?
This piece is on a 16 x20 canvas... and it was fun to do! 
Comments are always appreciated....
23 comments:
How clever! and a very masterful painting to boot. funny story,
hi!! thanks for your coment. Your work is fantastic. I love your last post, its fun!!! dogs are better than many humans! :) :)
see you
Great post Janice! Funny concept :) And you should add "Papillion" to your tags...but check my spelling :P And do I also see an Akita?
wow, i would love to have this painting on my wall..beautiful.
Clever - not to mention very well done.
I would like to put this sign on saturday mornings in front of my house...hehehe.
Great work.
Cata.
So fun to view as well! What a unique idea and a great great piece. Love how the white pooch is walking out of the picture, heading beyond the frame.
my dog used to do that! great mix of breeds and i like the beach they are all headed towards.
That is a great picture. Excellent idea and very creative. Your whole blog is full of great pieces, you are very talented.
Beautiful! A great piece and a great idea!
That sign of human prohibited is hilariously clever. This is such a delightful painting!
*I love your labels! (grin) Not a single dog was left out. If you haven’t listed Akita, I would have presumed that it was a red Siberian Husky.
Always happy to make somebody smile - and you've just doone the same for me! Great piece!
Great illustration and idea, Janice! And thanks for listing the dogs. :)
I've neglected your blog for a while - you've got some awesome stuff here!
well its supose to be a dog gie dog world and id say they look like the have it all under control without human intervention. wonderful illo..... and thanks for that article with all the crime in NYC it makes u wonder where their (DA's) priorties lie. to see real justice done or just make a name for themselves.
brilliant!! Great idea!
love all the dogs! I think the dogs should rule the world. It would be a much calmer place.
Hahaha This is a great idea and painting!
The only thing that would have made this better would be a Westie. I love the front dog sticking his head out of the border. Excellent!
Thankyou Linda , Maria Momoco: Im pretty fond of dogs myself :), Studio lolo.. darn if i could remember the name of the papillon!... Its a syberian huskey but close enough to an akita... in type...
Enigma: when I figure out how to ebay.. it will be up for sale...
Jules, Cata, and Steve... Thankyou for your kind words.
Cata... do people walk on your lawn?
Bonnie.. the beach.. is here in toronto... the BEACHES andpart of it actually it IS a dog beach..but people ARE allowed! and the dogs dont need leashes there
Mike: Thankyou for your generous comments...! they really do inspire me
Amila Yusof and platidunal ,Eoin, Mike R Baker, Md ,Alina Chau, andy doodler...thankyou
Designing Fairy... I agree with you (except when the fireworks are going off....)! :)
You guys are my inspiration.... thankyou..
Ha! A very fun piece. I hope they do a better job cleaning up after themselves than do some of the humans aroung here who walk their pooches.
Beautifully reflective post above on the bird you found in your garden.
This is a treat, fun and beautiful, not to a mention a great idea for "signs".!
Such a great piece! Love the concept, love the dog poking beyond the picture, beautiful beach. You did such a great job with the dogs and their postures!
BTW, thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. As for the peaceful birdie, we had that happen here recently as well. One of the babies from a nest under the eave of our house just wasn't ready to fly I suppose. I was sad as well, but he seemed peacefully at rest and seeing it also brought up thoughts of "life" and how lucky we are. Thanks for sharing.
Great painting. Lovely idea, and so well done! Diane X
Post a Comment