Illustration Friday 2 of 2 Green: The early bird.©
This is something new I'm trying...(a new approach). I must have been inspired by the National Audubon Society or it was just looking outside and seeing a Robin and knowing spring and GREEN is on its way ! 
Zooming out, with more space, framing the subject (my original choice) makes this into more of a graphic piece
26 comments:
I like this one a lot. The subtlety and sensitivity of the treatment is very nice. The only comment I'd make is that the bird gets a bit lost against the background -- perhaps mute the bg a bit or change its colour (or the bird's colour) to make it stand out a bit more?
Very nice illo. That robin will have a feast with that worm! Great job!
Thankyou for your advice Michael. I readressed the background as well as the colour choice for it... and I think the bird pops more now! will continue on tweaking this.... for Im not quite satisfied.... yet... (guess that might be a classic artist phrase huh?)
beautiful!! love the design, and the graphic quality in the background!
Really nice. I like the over all-drawing of it. Very subtle, with a little surprise of a face. Nicely done!
I love the drawing of the bird on this, and the way you've placed it onto the subtle graphic background. And of course the humour ... great worm face!
Love it!! Robins...
*sigh* such a happy sound!
nice linework and color choices. The bird really pops!!
I really love your style! Unique, and the bird is terrific! Great colors! and yay, for the green that's ahead!
Janet,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I just wanted to say that I enjoyed both green submissions. I like the layering of type with the background and woman. Yet, you decided to go for a softer side with the bird and a little more detailed. Really nice work
I like the top one because it looks like it is breaking the frame...nice contrast with the background!
Hi Janice, The graphic background with the rendered foreground is a very nice contrast. You've melded the two into a cohesive whole...well done! Thanks for your comment.
lovely work!
Thanks for commenting on my kite flyer yesterday. I am brand new to this site and I was thrilled to get a comment right after I posted. I immediately checked out your art and am VERY impressed. I can't wait for the next prompt and meeting more artists !
I like the less tight post of the Robin study. So neat how you put the viewer at ground level and took a fun approach with the worm -- very painterly. Well done!
I love the illustrations composition. Colors seem to be right where they're supposed to be. The eye draws in on the bird and then follows the worm. The background work, I think is great. Not to much, it takes nothing from the foreground. Great JOb!
Ooh, I love that robin's red breast and the subtle background treatment--very original perspective on the bird/worm thing. Nice job!
I really like the silhouetted background juxtaposed with the robin!
Sweet.
Anette Heiberg
www.wynlen.no
i like the loose brush strokes and pen lines that contrast well with the
flat blackground style
well done!
I really like the zoomed out version.
Cropping it feels cozy, and looks great, but for some reason the "far away" version feels fresh, and outdoorsy. More leg room. Feels more green and springy to me. Thanks for sharing this one with us:)
Oh yes, those fat bellied little robins are popping up around my way as well. Wonderful nature-based work here!
nice work here..i like how the robin looks like manual colored..
and it's a little disturbing to me today .. i was in a taxi today when i saw a crow on a dead something!!..and i was chewing gum..so this illustration of yours can give life some sense of humor when you see it the same day haha !
nice blog by the way!
I love that you're experimenting! Me too. I think this piece is really excellent. It's very, very strong.
My heart jumped when I saw this. Love the perspective, pallet the realistic and graphic mix. Really terrific work!
I especially like this piece. You really get a sense of the stuggle here. Great perspective.
Post a Comment