Sunday, April 15, 2007

Illustration Friday: Fortune : Fortune For You?©

As the word this week came up... I couldn't get this image out of my minds eye... So, I had to get it down. The intoxicating lure of knowing what ones fortune might be.... So.. I worked on making "my" gypsy the all-knowing.... seducing the unwary to see into her crystal ball.
This is done with acrylic and pencil-crayon, on artboard... I'm leaving it as is, sort of fading out into pencil at the feet..



Thankyou for comments... I'm learning new things.. and certainly am encouraged and enlightened by the words you leave behind.

22 comments:

saffron said...

great pose your fortune teller's got! She looks "all-knowing". Great colors too!

Michelle Lana said...

Cool work!

Richard Franklin said...

Janice, your fortune teller certainly looks knowing and alluring, at the same time! Another satisfying work. And thanks for your kind comments.

Anonymous said...

nice work !

mike r baker said...

Beautiful work! She's awesome. I like the one without the computer enhancements best.

Pirusca said...

Nice work and thanks for your comment in my blog.

° said...

some thing bout the full figure top is more captivating to me then the one below. wonderful figure drawing and body language

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Her pose is great. I like the original best.

Unknown said...

Hi Janice,

I'm with the others above. The top one is beautiful. I love the way that you mix your colors and the way the background fades out. Great pieces.

siukwankitchen said...

The fortune teller is charming, I wanna she can come out~

MiKa Art said...

Both are great, but, yes I agree with many people...the top one is really enchanting!

Traci Bixby said...

Hi, thanks for the comments on my blog. I'm not sure how I get those edges. I just work one little area at a time and let it dry before I do anything next to it. I really like your gypsy. Such an intense look. I also like the one before the computer enhancements. The blue really makes her come to life. The purple seems to be to saturated. Oh, and I love the early bird gets the worm. That background is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Cool gypsy girl! I really dig the first one. Great painterly look. The colors are so excellent.

moonsandstars said...

beautiful work! i think i like the
first one best, but they both are amazing!

HARDWAX said...

Oh these are super. She's very earthy and invites the onlooker to know her better, the fortune telling seems secondary to this. I like the second version better though, except I like seeing her feet as in the first painting-seems to complete her personality for me. Wow, Just beautiful work!

Giselle Gonzalez said...

really nice pose and sense of mysticalness!

Greg Hartman said...

I'm partial to the original too, it is the looseness of the paint and seeing the pencil work that is most interesting to me. Nice work! Thanks for your comment.

DianaDDunn said...

Wow ! I am amazed this was out of your head. You are great at drawing figures.

Anonymous said...

Lovely..I find the first one most alluring.

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Both are nice, but fortunetellers sort of creep me out. Not your fault though!

Anonymous said...

I can't seem to view the second image on two different browsers... but I'm really admiring the top image - it's got a really interesting quality and style to it and I'm loving it :) »

Unknown said...

beautiful realistic style!