Thursday, January 31, 2008

**Illustration Friday: Fables or Tales : A mermaids Tale

Playing with words... A Mermaids tale... >> or tail.... (MY first mermaid!)

7 comments:

Regina said...

Janice-
like you, I'm posting works that I feel are more of a study & hoping to stretch & challenge myself to grow & improve.
I like your subject & the colors you've chosen. Also like the way her tail comes out of the picture.

valerie walsh said...

WOW! beautifully rendered Janice! I admire the ample bosom and this has a nice retro feel to it but new too. Very beautiful!

juj said...

love the way the tale - oops - TAIL goes out of the frame, and her expression is beautiful.

trowbridge chronicles said...

I really like your sensitive, impressionist brushstroke quality of your work.

Janice Ykema said...

well here she stands... I think she has a bit of a bearded look that I'm going to work on... Thankyou Bron . Juj... I spent some time considering that tail... I gather most versions use dolphin tails... I used a fish... because... I liked the way it added to the design.

Valgalart, I gave her a bit of an (ahem) uplift... but I think she still is ample.. (thankyou so much for your comments).

Regina... I've been in a bit of a slump..and if I didnt post it when it was due, it wouldnt get done. I find Illustration Friday such a motivator...

Mick said...

Now you're there! This is much better and, as you say yourself about the bearded look, a little more touching up here and there. :)

Kay Aker said...

Love the loose brushstrokes!