Illustration Friday: Trick or Treat
I thought about this topic and wondered what I could do that I could use.. and that might speak to this topic so.. being in a philosophical mood... I did this piece.. On board.. mix media...
The rationale behind it... We really do want to see what we want to cause it makes us comfortable... I talked ?ok wrote with an IF friend today... and started thinking about illusions... Christmas means the dove and peace on earth... but what if it came disguised.. dressed up... came as a pigeon... in a santa hat... Would we still recognize the peace.. the good will... ? Or would we want it only the way we know it...
If all one expects is a trick... sometimes we miss the treat...
9 comments:
Love the use of primary colors all throughout. Interesting concept!
I seek the unusual and to understand its perspective, so imagine I wouldn't miss a treat if open minded :) Your painting is a treat :)
What kate and anonymous just said! I wonder if softening and lightening the background might make everything else pop a bit more? As is, it's decidedly a sturdy study but more likely you'd have to say work-in-progress. I love it too! :)
I do enjoy the incongruity! Nice painting!
I really love where this is going, and I like the philosphy behind it. It would be a shame not to recognize peace, don't you think? Beautiful work. And congrats on the agriculture piece...do tell us what you've won when you find out ;)
Setting aside my nasty aversion to pigeons (they are thick in this neighborhood), I give a hearty 'ho-ho' to this dapper fellow.
Interesting idea! I've never thought of a Christmas dove symbolizing peace coming disguised as a plain old stinky pigeon (apologies to Bert from Sesame Street!) Great illo!
that is a lovely image; dark vs light; somber vs joy.
Interesting idea!
Post a Comment