**Illustration Friday: Superstion : Family Gathering
A rather unique superstition was, that if a goose layed 'only' two eggs.. it was considered bad luck.
another is : If one saw geese leaving a farm it was an omen of fire...
Illustrator and artist
All reproductive rights to works in this blog are reserved and copyrighted
A rather unique superstition was, that if a goose layed 'only' two eggs.. it was considered bad luck.
another is : If one saw geese leaving a farm it was an omen of fire...
Posted by
Janice Ykema
at
11/19/2007 12:03:00 p.m.
Labels: black series, farm, geese, gosling
22 comments:
cool :)
nice work!
The gosling bottom left is too cute! Love the arrangement and balance in this painting too, good fortune your way!
beautiful painting! what sweet little baby geese!!
I'll have to send this to my friend who loved her geese so much she'd put diapers on them so they could go visiting with her! Geese really are quite charming, and you've captured them so well.
By the way, my friend named her old studio "Goose Lips Studios."
They may be geese, but it sure looks like a hen party to me! :D
hey Janice cute work as ever.....
nice colors too....:)
all the best
Beautiful painting, Janice! Thanks for sharing the info!
emila yusof
a unique take on the subject---and a wonderful painting!
This is a lovely painting. The baby geese are adorable. great work!
Interesting idea. I think the painting turned out nice. I like how the two ducks in the foreground come out of the composition.
lovely work! Great!
Very cute! The original idea I came up with when I saw your picture were that the ones in the front were planning to sneak off, then sacrifice the other geese at midnight to Honkenella (the Goose Goddess of the Underworld) but your story is much sweeter.
A beautiful gaggle of goslings! They look like noisy little fellas. I like the contrast between light and dark here that their goose down provides.
beautiful work, love the background colours.
Just gorgeous!
Really lovely! I love how thw front two are out of the frame.
Beautiful and i love the one waddling out of the frame!
The expressions on some of those baby geese are so cute and funny! I love that cutie in the front, he looks like he's already testing his wings.
Love how these guys look as if the're literally walking out of the picture plane. Nicely done!
excellent perspective! and these guys are so cute, i'm cooing while i type this...my god. LOL
Great layout, and beautiful colors - not to mention those expressions! Oh, to hear what they are saying...
Post a Comment