Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Illustration Friday: Geeky: CAT

"Geeky" cat is actually a "beloved" pet characterized.....He was, half siamese and one of his simple pleasures in life was to wait till I was sleeping and then hunt my feet!!!! um, which inevitably, poked out of the bottom of the bedsheets!!! It seemed at nite he took on a different personna. He would wait till I was sleeping soundly then grab on with both paws, ensuring a good grip... then bite, quite hard! I, of course being fairly normal, would howl, try to kick him off...(to get him off) then would stumble to get up while still being half asleep search for that DARN cat! I would not put the lights on of course, cause I believe some thought that I would go back to sleep lingered in my unconscious consciousness . MY vision was of course extremely restricted and I would not see Geeky Cat hiding under the furniture snickering slyly as I stumbled by, muttering (sweet nothings under my breath) directed at my beloved pet...... He simply waited, for me to get back into bed ..................to try again!




I havent really been about , attending to home business. Please check out the rest of Julys offerings and feel free to comment. A friendly word or critique means a lot to me.

21 comments:

Ellen said...

I think he is adorable!

trudette said...

Geeky and funny, great illo, nice color combination too.

° said...

looks lik eu already lost a toe to his ravenous appetite. : ) like ur color selection

steve said...

He he, more like naughty. I love how you depicted little Geeky with an evil, devlish gring here!

thefridayfrog said...

he BIT your feet????? oh man! what an argument for sleeping with slippers on! he is a GREAT illio, janice! love his colors and eyes!

Tony LaRocca said...

Few things in life are funnier than a geeky cat with a foot fetish!

AndyDoodler said...

Thank you for the "LOL"
Beautful illustration!! - colors and shapes remind me of Gauguin

Twisselman said...

Very cool colors here... and wild expression. Cats can be the geekiest creatures at times, and at other times worldly-wise beyond comprehension. Sometimes hard to get along with in either extreme.

Focus_ret said...

I love your illustration. Great expression on that cat. And the earth colors are lovely.

trowbridge chronicles said...

I like your whimsical wacky style, and your realistic style in the flowers below.

Michelle Lana said...

hahaa..hilarious! the feet just cracks me up...great take!

Mick said...

I love the illustration but the story is even better! I had a cat - part Siamese too! - that did exactly the same thing to me. The other cat would climb to the top of the headboard and perch, waiting for sleepy eyes to flicker half open and then JUMP! Straight onto your stomach, knocking the wind out of me some mornings. :D

Arkonbey said...

Very nice. The colors are cartoony, yet still convey a sense of night-time. A slight detour in style and it works well. Are you considering doing any more works in this cartoony/iconic style?

Janice Ykema said...

cartoony style.... Hmmmm. Its kind of a case I tried it...and now, I know I can do it...so,. its in my reservoire of (*equipment*) . Different things need different styles.......but whatever I do.. I like to portray a sense of emotion, and or energy

Kay Aker said...

Crazy critter!

HARDWAX said...

This is so, so funny, and I love the story, perfect prelude to this post. Fine vivid colors and I love your cats expression!

Lauren Kate said...

I agree, your cats face is great!
(my cat turns evil at night too - she stalks everything as soon as the sun goed down!)
Great work.

studio lolo said...

I think he lied with me for a while :) Fun illo janice!

Kathleen Rietz said...

This totally made me laugh! So funny and what a cute illo!

Heartful said...

This is just wonderful, I love the colours you used, and the expression on his face!! My cat likes feet too, but she tends to go for hugging your ankles and licking. If she's really frisky, she'll take a bite too.

PS Glad to have you back!

DINTOONS said...

LOL this is the sweetest geeky cat i've ever seen!! :o)