Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Illustration Friday: Leap: look before you leap!

18x24 acrylic

“Without tradition, art is a flock of sheep without a shepherd. Without innovation, it is a corpse.”
Winston Churchill

I shall leave the story of this picture up to you... Leap right in.

click on picture for a better view

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like this almost has a dream like quality about it
michael dailey

Fannie said...

Great study piece! Looks like a final piece to me. Beautiful composition. Love the details and values.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Dana S. Whitney said...

Great colors on the "white" sheep.

studio lolo said...

Just lovely Janice. I'm so drawn to sheep as subjects, although I'm not sure I've ever done a serious painting of one. Being of Scottish decent, they seemed to be a favorite subject of my great granddads. You've inspired me to get cracking on my own! Wonderful piece.

Catalina Alvarez said...

Beautiful colors!
She is adorable.
Cata

Anonymous said...

I think she should kick them in the butt! HAHHAHAAA. Was just a thought when seeing the enlarged version ... ;)

Mick said...

Another fine study for the painting to come, Janice! I think I see anonymous hovering above the second sheep there, ready to get the kicking started. :D

ELLA ELVIANA said...

the little girl really make a story here. wonderful work!

steve said...

Simply awesome Janice, both in concept and execution. More folks could use a reminding of this I think.

valerie walsh said...

i love your painterly work and this is so beautiful!

janie said...

gorgeous colours, lovely and rich and earthy.

atomicvelvetsigh said...

ohh lol i was thinking the girl couldnt sleep so she thought of sheep.. but then again it wasnt working so she went into her thoughts and saw cows instead.. but the cows were too heavy to leap over the fence thats why she has insomnia..

(lol or was the girl just me?)

beautiful art..

imwithsully said...

I love, love, love this composition.

AscenderRisesAbove said...

very nice; i like the questions that it leaves you with

ascenderrisesabove.com/wordpress