Friday, March 7, 2008

Illustration Friday: Garden-Geisha morning: 1 of 2

This is a very small painting.. all of 5x7.


"I do not understand how anyone can live
without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
- Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings




click on picture for better view

20 comments:

Richard Cardona said...

Very lovely work!

valerie walsh said...

so unique for this theme! i love it Janice!

murphy girl said...

enchanting, definitely!

Unknown said...

nice submission...neat garden...love the Geisha...

Willie Baronet said...

Wonderful!

Ellen Byrne said...

Oooh! I'd love to step into this garden!

marikodzi said...

lovely!

atomicvelvetsigh said...

what a beauty! i luv the japanese expressionism influence in this painting.. and how you wouldnt notice the geisha one first glance..

steve said...

Wow, amazing you fit so much into such a small piece. The quote is so true and goes so well with this beauty of a painting. Very lush and impressionistic little piece here.

Mick said...

Small never looked so L-A-R-G-E!

Ces Adorio said...

What! 5x7 and all those details and the face and it's a painting. Did you use a magnifying glass? This is fabulous. I always like to look at the small paintings at the museums.

computerarte said...

Just beautifull your garden!

isay said...

all i can say is wow-i heart this janice!

and i like the quote too

Honor said...

Just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Geisha in the garden.. :) I want to see them in real life.. in front of me. And would love to take pics with them. Oh i'm dreaming again. haha. I love your painting. Its nice. :D

Issi said...

Great painting :o)

studio lolo said...

small in dimension, large on beauty :)

Michelle Lana said...

this is just lovely! wonderful work!

Ars said...

Awesome. The brushwork is really cool.

Curious Art said...

Scrumptious!