Sunday, September 30, 2007

Blues....Insomnia-the cat cannot sleep!

What can be bluer than a cat that can't sleep... and what is a blue cat to do? count rabbits!
this is 30 x36 acrylic

PLease click on the picture... its better when bigger... :)


34 comments:

Tammy said...

Awesome painting!

JO said...

Wonderful piece, love how it breaks the boundaries.

studio lolo said...

This is one of the most wonderful paintings I've ever seen....really! The cat's expression and the muted colors. It's just gorgeous! Please let me know if it's for sale. If I can afford it I'd love to have it.

neilornstein said...

I agree. Ir's terrific.

emilayusof said...

Wow! Very beautiful! I love everything about it!

Anonymous said...

I'm in a dream-like state viewing your beautiful painting!

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful painting !

Heartful said...

Beautiful, I love the colours.

trudette said...

Wonderful I love the dreamlike quality you've created.

arxo said...

it's like being in a dream...
great job...

Anonymous said...

You have a wonderful painting! I would love to see how you work on it! Its just so pretty! :))

AndyDoodler said...

Beautiful! Love the tones and colors, and the design and poses are right on too!

Save My Studies said...

The child reminds me of when I used to sleep (before I discovered stress and coffee). Nice work.

ming said...

nice, in an alice in wonderland kind of way:)

Lauren Kate said...

Wow - absolutely beautiful! Keep up the good stuff - I love it.

Liz Jones said...

Oh, this is marvelous! I esp. love that the rabbits are night-black! I wonder what sleepy cats dream about...

Cathy said...

Ooh! Stunning work - I echo what's already been said!

alicia varela said...

wow! this is a great work!

Kay Aker said...

This is exquisite! I love It!

Mick said...

A wonderful image, Jan. The little girl is the spitting image of my 3 1/2 year old granddaughter - so, how else am I to react to this one. :)

ELLA ELVIANA said...

gorgeous painting... i like the serenity created in the above part of the painting...especially the reflection on the water!

Anonymous said...

agreeing - this is awesome; and all the other pieces on your blog as well. very versatile artist!

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Wow, really nice! A very cool composition. This has a cool dream-like quality to it.

valerie walsh said...

Beautiful, fun and amazing! It has a vintage children's book feel to it! I love this Janice!!!

HARDWAX said...

I want to borrow your imagination if you don't mind.
Just original and a beautiful fantasy to admire!

janie said...

Stunning painting,really rich in colour and content.absolutely love the cat and the way they both have a limb hanging over the edge of the bed. My cat is in that very position right now, but is sound asleep:)

thefridayfrog said...

oh janice! this is truly wonderful. the layers, the bunnies, the color...i love her hands, that posture and the mood of all.

i feel like if i gush about it too much, it's gonna sound stupid...so, i'm getting quiet now. :-X

imwithsully said...

The colors here are so beautiful together! Very unique concept and the composition is intriguing.

Ellen said...

I Love the unique approach to the topic!

trowbridge chronicles said...

What a beautiful painting. I can see that you put a lot of time and care into it.

Ester GarcĂ­a said...

Ohh!

This piece it´s fantastic!! I love it!

Ces Adorio said...

Oh my! This is a very lovely painting. The girl is so pretty and the cat dipping its paws on the water is precious. I love the rabbits.

Tracy said...

How did I miss this one??? This is stunning! Absolutely GORGEOUS! I love the idea of the cat counting rabbits! GREAT WORK!

Curious Art said...

Hi Janice,
I'm finally making time again for IF & having a great time catching up. You've done so much strong work since I last stopped by, but this is my hands-down favorite. I just love the underwater red, & those mysterious rabbits... truly inspired.